The Boys Are Alright @ By Common Consent
Motherhood and Priesthood:Pregnancy is not my Birthright @ Feminist Mormon Housewives
- I haven’t slept in approximately four years.
I’m not complaining, truly. This life...
Visitor at a missionary reunion @ Times & Seasons
- This week is missionary reunion week in the Salt Lake area and elsewhere. I thought of...
My Eyes Are Closed, My Heart is Open @ Feminist Mormon Housewives
- I’m a white Mormon feminist and as a white Mormon feminist, I need to have a chat...
Book Review: The Miracles of Jesus, by Eric D. Huntsman @ By Common Consent
Sister Mkhabela’s Prayer: A South African Perspective @ Feminist Mormon Housewives
- This guest post comes to us from a white member of the church who grew up in South Africa...
Isaiah a foreign language? Maybe not. @ Feminist Mormon Housewives
- I went to church today. I didn’t want to go. I almost accidentally slept in, but of...
Days of Conference Past: Homeowners’ Edition @ By Common Consent
Magic and Mechanisms @ Times & Seasons
In her talk “The Evolutionary Roots of Religious Adaptation” for the Mormon...
Sister Mkhabela’s Prayer @ Feminist Mormon Housewives
- This past February, the General Young Women Presidency called a new general board, and...
I Watched The General Women’s Meeting–It Was Great @ By Common Consent
General Women’s Meeting @ Times & Seasons
- It is my nature to be cynical and critical and to focus on flaws, so when I tell you that...
General Conference Women’s Meeting Liveblog @ Feminist Mormon Housewives
- Join us for a liveblog of the Women’s meeting tonight at 6:00 MST.
Meet the Mormons @ Feminist Mormon Housewives
I was invited to attend a screening of Meet the Mormons this morning, along with a room...
Interview: The Church History Museum @ By Common Consent
Late Church Is the Honest-to-Goodness Worst Thing On Earth @ By Common Consent
Matriarchal Names @ Feminist Mormon Housewives
- During my time in the Young Women program, I’m sure I filled out ten or more...
Assault on the Family, German Edition @ By Common Consent
Review: MEET THE MORMONS @ By Common Consent
Connecting to Heavenly Mother: Autumnal Equinox- Mabon @ Feminist Mormon Housewives
This post is a continuation of the Connecting to Heavenly Mother Series.
Chiune Sugihara (杉原 千畝) and the Triumph of Christian Conscience Over Worldly “Obedience” @ By Common Consent
The Other Victim Blaming @ Feminist Mormon Housewives
- We often talk about victim blaming in the context of rape culture – where victims...
Sacrifice Brings Forth The Blessings . . . @ By Common Consent
Temple and Observatory Group Event in Minnesota @ Times & Seasons
- The Temple and Observatory Group, which has sponsored other events in Utah, Virginia and...
The Unwritten Order of Things, Revisited @ Times & Seasons
- At last night’s Stake Leadership Training Meeting, the stake president announced...
On Not Reading the Book of Mormon @ Times & Seasons
- Having heard nice things about the odd little book by Pierre Bayard How to Talk About...
What to Expect When You Are Expecting . . . A Bishopric Call @ Times & Seasons
- The oldest Mormon chapel in the world. (Wiki Commons)
So a dear friend of mine just...
My Experiment with Five Minute Prayers @ Times & Seasons
- For the last couple of weeks, I’ve been setting a timer every time I say my evening...
In Your Heart and Mind @ Times & Seasons
- My son came stomping into the house from the garden a month ago, demanding I punish his...
Elder Ballard: “Don’t Talk Too Much” @ Times & Seasons
- Today Elder Ballard spoke at the Europe Area Sisters’ Meeting. (Yes, the same...